Lewis Hamilton is an incredible and super-skilled Formula 1 driver. Lewis can read the track like a pro, make quick decisions, and push his car to the max. That sets him apart from other drivers and earns him many championships.
He has built an impressive fortune through his successful Formula 1 career, endorsements, and various business ventures. His hard work and talent have paid off, allowing him to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle and financial stability.
Lewis Hamilton’s Early Life
Lewis Hamilton had a unique upbringing as he was born into a family with mixed heritage. He was born on January 7, 1985, in Stevenage, a quiet town near London, England. His parents, Anthony and Carmen, went through a divorce when Lewis was just a toddler.
Growing up in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, Lewis showed his passion for racing from a young age. At the remarkable age of 13, he joined the McLaren Young Driver program, becoming the youngest-ever racing driver to be signed by a Formula One team.
Lewis Hamilton’s Net Worth & Salary
Lewis Hamilton commands an impressive salary and boasts a staggering net worth, solidifying his status as one of the wealthiest athletes globally. As of 2024, Hamilton’s estimated net worth stands at a remarkable USD 285 million. The bulk of his wealth emanates from his contract with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team, supplemented by lucrative investments and sponsorships.
In terms of salary, Hamilton earns a substantial USD 55 million from his current contract with Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 team, according to Forbes. This places him second only to Max Verstappen in the list of highest-paid F1 drivers.
Notably, Verstappen commands a staggering USD 60 million from his contract with the Red Bull Racing team. Hamilton’s financial prowess is further underscored by his inclusion in Forbes’ prestigious list of The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes in 2023, securing the 21st position. Additionally, he previously made waves in Forbes’ The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities list in 2020, clinching the 40th spot.
Lewis Hamilton Endorsement Deals and Sponsorships
- Hamilton is an ambassador for Mercedes-Benz and endorses their automobiles.
- Hamilton collaborated with Tommy Hilfiger to launch a clothing collection called #TommyXLewis.
- Hamilton has partnered with Petronas, which is also a sponsor of the Mercedes F1 team.
- Hamilton has worked with IWC, a luxury watch brand and a partner of Mercedes F1.
- Hamilton has an endorsement deal with Monster Energy, energy beverages.
- Hamilton has partnered with Sony, an electronics company, for various promotional activities.
- Hamilton has been associated with Bose, a renowned audio equipment company.
- Hamilton has endorsed Bell Helmets, a manufacturer of helmets for motorsports.
- Hamilton has collaborated with MV Agusta Motorcycles, a high-end motorcycle brand.
- Hamilton is associated with Puma, a global sportswear brand.
- Hamilton has leveraged his popularity by endorsing the racing video game Gran Turismo Sport.
Lewis Hamilton Assets & Investments
|NFL team Denver Broncos stake
|Hamilton bought a stake in the NFL team Denver Broncos
|Hamilton owns a meat-free burger startup that sells vegan burgers
|Hamilton invested in a British drinks company called Green Drink
|Hamilton joined forces with Roger Federer and Jeff Bezos in a Chilean food startup called NotCo
|Hamilton has an investment in a vertical farming startup called Bowery
|Hamilton invested in a rapid grocery delivery app called Zapp
|Real estate properties
|Hamilton owns a house in Monaco, an apartment in Manhattan, and an estate in Colorado
|TOMMYXLEWIS clothing line
|Hamilton launched a clothing line called TOMMYXLEWIS
|The Game Changers documentary
|Hamilton owns a house in Monaco, an apartment in Manhattan, and an estate in Colorado.
Lewis Hamilton Biography
|Date of Birth
|January 7, 1985
|Stevenage, United Kingdom
|38 years old
|British race car driver
|Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1
|$5 Million (Monthly Income), $40 Million (Yearly Income)
Lewis Hamilton’s Career Highlights
Lewis Hamilton’s career in Formula 1 is a testament to his remarkable talent and unparalleled success on the racetrack. Making his debut with McLaren in 2007, Hamilton quickly made waves in the sport, finishing second in the world drivers’ championship in his rookie season, narrowly missing out on the title by just one point.
The following year, at the age of 23, Hamilton secured the drivers’ championship, becoming the youngest person at that time to claim the title, a record he held until 2010. Throughout his tenure with McLaren, Hamilton remained a dominant force, consistently securing victories and podium finishes. In 2014, he joined the Mercedes-Benz F1 team, marking a new chapter in his career.
Hamilton’s dominance reached new heights with Mercedes, winning a career-high 11 races in 2014 to capture his second drivers’ championship. The following season, he nailed his third drivers’ championship with a month to spare, demonstrating his unparalleled skill and consistency. His partnership with teammate Nico Rosberg also contributed to Mercedes’ success in clinching the F1 constructor’s championship in both seasons.
In 2017, Hamilton secured his fourth drivers’ championship, followed by another championship victory in 2018, tying him with Juan Manuel Fangio for the second-highest championship total in F1 history. The following years saw Hamilton’s continued dominance, claiming his sixth drivers’ championship in 2019, and equalling Michael Schumacher’s record of seven championships in 2020.
Off the track, Hamilton’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in motorsport is equally noteworthy. In 2020, he launched the Hamilton Commission, aiming to address the challenges faced by Black individuals in British motorsport. The commission’s recommendations seek to foster inclusivity and diversity in engineering and motorsport, reflecting Hamilton’s dedication to driving positive change in the sport he loves.
Rivalries and Controversies
- Fierce rivalry with Rosberg, including on-track clashes and off-track tension.
- Rivalry with Sebastian Vettel from 2017 to 2020, winning four consecutive championships.
- Intense rivalry with Max Verstappen since 2021, culminating in a controversial final race in 2021.
Championships and Statistics
- Won his first championship with McLaren in 2008.
- Won seven championships with Mercedes in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Achieved 103 race wins, 103 pole positions, and 191 podium finishes.
- Holds the record for the most points scored in Formula One.
- Faced struggles in the 2022 season with Mercedes’ car performance, resulting in a winless season.
- Despite challenges, consistently demonstrated skill, determination, and passion for racing.
Lewis Hamilton’s Career Stats
Lewis Hamilton Career Achievements
- Best Driver ESPY Award(2017)
- Laureus World Sports Award for Breakthrough of the Year(2008)
- Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year(2020)
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award(2014-2020)
- Times magazine one of the 100 most influential people in the world(2020)
- Awarded a Knighthood in the UK’s New Year honors list(2021)
- Joint Most World Championships(7)
- Most Career Wins
- Most wins in a Debut Season
- Most wins in a season without winning the world championship
- Most wins with the same team
- Most wins at the same Grand Prix
- Most wins at home Grand Prix
- Most wins from Pole Position
- Most wins in a calendar month
- Most Pole positions in a debut season
- Most Pole positions
- Pole Positions at different Grand Prix
- Pole Positions at the same Grand Prix
- Most Consecutive race starts
- Most race starts with a single – engine manufacturer
- Most races led from start to finish
- Most races led
- Most Grand Slams
Also Read: Highest-Paid Formula 1 Drivers For 2023
Lewis Hamilton Charity Work
Lewis Hamilton actively supports causes such as diversity, human rights, environmental issues, animal rights, and children’s rights. Hamilton initiated the Hamilton Commission to increase representation in motorsport and promote diversity. He voices his support for the LGBTQ+ community and advocates for human rights scrutiny in countries hosting Formula One races.
Through collaborations with UNICEF, he raises funds for charities supporting children’s education and development. Hamilton’s Instagram posts reflect his commitment to social causes like Black Lives Matter, racism, and other causes to encourage others to challenge it and bring about positive change.
Lewis’s Mission44 program is another endeavor aimed at helping underprivileged children’s education and overall development.
Lewis Hamilton Controversies
- After his rookie season in Formula 1, Hamilton had his license suspended for a month when he was caught driving at 121 mph in France.
- In 2009, Hamilton was involved in a controversy during the Australian Grand Prix where he provided misleading information to the stewards regarding an incident with Jarno Trulli. He was later disqualified from the race, and McLaren’s team received a suspended three-race ban.
- Hamilton was pulled over and fined for doing burnouts in his car in Australia, which violated local driving laws.
- During the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix weekend, Hamilton tweeted a picture of telemetry data comparing his lap times with teammate Jenson Button. The tweet contained sensitive team information, and although he removed it at the team’s request, it caused controversy.
- After winning the 2015 Chinese Grand Prix, Hamilton sprayed champagne on the podium with a grid girl beside him. This action received criticism, although the grid girl said she had no issue with it.
- Hamilton crashed his Pagani Zonda into parked cars in Monaco, citing lack of sleep and fever as contributing factors.
- Hamilton received criticism from animal rights group PETA for posting pictures and videos of himself with endangered tigers, with PETA arguing that it promoted the idea of using wild animals for human amusement.
- During the 2021 Formula 1 season, Hamilton had several on-track clashes with his rival Max Verstappen, which sparked controversy and debates about their aggressive driving styles.
Lewis Hamilton’s Personal Life
In Lewis Hamilton’s personal life, there have been various speculations and rumors regarding his relationships. His name has been linked with several high-profile women, including pop singer Rihanna. On his 38th birthday, Hamilton was seen enjoying a Jacuzzi bath in Antarctica with snowboarder Shaun White.
Additionally, a video showed Hamilton with a mystery woman, leading fans to speculate that he might be dating Juliana Nalu, the ex-girlfriend of rapper Kanye West. While there is often curiosity about his personal life, Hamilton has generally maintained privacy regarding his relationships.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Formula 1 championships has Lewis Hamilton won?
Lewis Hamilton has won seven Formula 1 World Championships.
Which teams have Lewis Hamilton raced for in Formula 1?
Hamilton has raced for two teams in Formula 1. He started his career with McLaren from 2007 to 2012 and has been with Mercedes since 2013.
Does Lewis Hamilton have any other interests or hobbies outside of racing?
Lewis Hamilton has an interest in music and fashion. He has collaborated with musicians and has his own clothing line.
How tall is Lewis Hamilton?
Lewis Hamilton is a British race car driver who stands 174 cm tall.