Bukayo Saka, a talented footballer, has significantly impacted the soccer world. With his versatile skills, he excels in various positions on the field, including winger, left-back, and midfielder. He proudly represents both Arsenal, one of the most prominent clubs in the Premier League, and the England national team.
Bukayo Saka Complete Biography
|Full Name||Bukayo Ayoyinka T. M. Saka|
|Position||Winger / Left back / Midfield|
|Date of Birth||5 September 2001|
|Debut||29 November 2018|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||143.3 lbs (65 kg)|
|Net Worth||€2 Million (£1.8 Million)|
|Marital Status||In a relationship|
|Father’s Name||Yomi Saka|
|Mother’s Name||Adeniki Saka|
Bukayo Saka Early Life
Bukayo Saka was born to Nigerian parents on September 5, 2001, in Ealing, London. He grew up in Greenford, a suburban area in West London, and attended Edward Betham CofE Primary School. From a young age, Saka was passionate about football and played for local teams like Greenford Celtic and Junior Sky Blues. His talent was quickly recognized, and he joined the Arsenal academy at seven.
Bukayo Saka Career Journey
- Saka made his first-team debut for Arsenal in a Europa League match against Vorskla Poltava on November 29, 2018.
- He made his Premier League debut in January 2019.
- Saka had a breakthrough season in 2019-2020, featuring in 38 games and providing 12 assists.
- In the 2020-2021 season, Saka earned a call-up to the England national team and was named Arsenal’s Player of the Season.
- He signed his first professional contract with Arsenal and made his starting XI debut in the Europa League match against Qarabag.
- Saka became the first 21st-century-born player to play in the Premier League.
- In the 2021-22 season, he scored 11 goals in 36 matches for Arsenal.
- Saka has represented England from U-16 to U-21 levels and was part of the UEFA Euro 2020 squad.
Bukayo Saka Career Highlights
Premier League: Arsenal FC
FA Community Shield
Joan Gamper Trophy
International Champions Cup
PL2 Division 1: Arsenal U-23
World Cup Qualifiers: England
UEFA EURO U-21: England U-21
Bukayo Saka’s Net Worth and Salary
Bukayo Saka’s estimated net worth is €2 Million (£1.8 Million). He signed a deal with Arsenal FC worth £6.24 million. Currently., he earns £1.56 million annually from the club. When he started his career, the club paid him a weekly wage of £5,500.
Bukayo Saka Endorsements
- Saka has signed endorsement deals with Nike and Coca-Cola.
- He became the face of the Nike Phantom GT boot launch in 2020.
- Saka has been featured in several advertising campaigns for Nike.
- He also appeared in Coca-Cola’s Euros 2020 advertising campaign alongside other football stars such as Harry Kane and Jadon Sancho.
Bukayo Saka’s Personel Life
Bukayo Saka has had a low-key relationship with Tolami Benson since late 2020. Despite being together for some time, they have kept their romance private. They do not publicly share pictures of themselves and do not follow each other on social media.
Bukayo Saka’s Charity Work
Bukayo Saka, the talented footballer, has shown his philanthropic side through various acts of kindness. In 2020, he donated signed Arsenal shirts to NHS workers during the COVID-19 pandemic, expressing gratitude for their dedication.
Additionally, Saka actively participated in the Arsenal Foundation’s charity auction in 2021, raising funds for local projects and demonstrating his commitment to positively impacting the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bukayo Saka ambidextrous?
No, Bukayo Saka is predominantly right-footed but can also use his left foot effectively.
Has Saka ever played as a defender?
Yes, Saka has occasionally played as a left-back in addition to his primary position as a winger. He has showcased versatility in his playing style.
How did Saka become the first 21st-century-born player in the Premier League?
Saka’s birthdate of September 5, 2001, made him eligible to play in the Premier League after turning 18, thus becoming the first player born in the 21st century to do so.
Has Saka won any individual awards?
Yes, Saka was named Arsenal’s Player of the Season for the 2020-2021 campaign, recognizing his exceptional performances and contributions to the team’s success.