- India vs. Australia in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 final at Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium, Ahmedabad, on November 19.
- Indian Air Force’s Suryakiran Aerobatic team to perform a 10-minute airshow at 12:30 pm.
- World Cup-winning captains to be honored in the mid-innings break, including Clive Lloyd, Kapil Dev, Allan Border, and others.
- Renowned music director Pritam Chakraborty to perform the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 anthem and other hits during the mid-innings break.
- 1,200 drones to create displays of the World Cup Trophy, logo, and Champions board. The event concludes with a fireworks display as either Rohit Sharma or Pat Cummins lifts the trophy.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Australian PM Anthony Albanese or his deputy are expected to attend, along with World Cup-winning captains as guests of honor.
Ahmedabad is set to witness the grand finale of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 as India clashes with Australia at the Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium on Sunday, November 19. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has revealed a grand four-part closing ceremony, promising to make it the most memorable in cricket history.
Airshow by Indian Air Force
The spectacle kicks off with a breathtaking 10-minute airshow by the Indian Air Force’s Suryakiran Aerobatic team at 12:30 pm. Nine Hawk aircraft led by Wing Commander Sidhesh Kartik will soar through the Ahmedabad skies, paying tribute to the ‘New India.’
Honoring Cricket Legends
In the mid-innings break, BCCI officials will honor World Cup-winning captains with special blazers. Cricket greats like Clive Lloyd, Kapil Dev, Allan Border, Arjuna Ranatunga, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and Eoin Morgan are expected to grace the occasion, reliving their victorious moments.
Musical Performance with Pritam
Renowned music director Pritam Chakraborty will take center stage, performing the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 anthem, “Dil Jashn Bole!” and other hits during the mid-innings break. The celebration continues with a 10-minute performance by Pritam, joined by other singers on custom float vehicles, while 500 dancers create captivating formations on the field.
Dazzling Visual Displays and Trophy Lift
The crowning of the World Champions will be a visual feast with 1,200 drones creating displays of the World Cup Trophy, the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 logo, and the Champions board. The event concludes with a spectacular fireworks display as either Rohit Sharma or Pat Cummins lifts the coveted trophy.
Lights and Laser Show
Spectators are in for a treat during the second innings’ drinks break with a mesmerizing light and laser show, transforming the stadium roof into a canvas. Programmed by UK-based curator Laser Magic Productions, this display promises to be a breathtaking experience.
IND vs AUS Cricket World Cup 2023 Final Closing Ceremony Schedule
The closing ceremony lineup for the IND vs AUS ODI World Cup 2023 final is set to be a dazzling affair. Here’s a breakdown of the scheduled performances:
- Suryakiran IAF Airshow: 1.35 pm IST to 1.50 pm IST
- Honoring World Cup-winning Captains
- Aditya Gadhvi’s live performance of “Khalaasi”
- Pritam Chakraborty’s performance
- Performances by Jonita Gandhi, Nakash Aziz, Amit Mishra, Akasa Singh, and Tushar Joshi
- Laser and Light Show
Special Guest Appearance
With Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Australian PM Anthony Albanese or his deputy expected to attend, along with World Cup-winning captains as guests of honor, the stadium’s 1,30,000 fans are in for a cricketing celebration.
In conclusion, the closing ceremony of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 promises an unforgettable blend of aerial displays, musical brilliance, and visual spectacles, making it a historic moment in the cricketing world.