Travis Kelce, born October 5, 1989, went from a lesser-known player to NFL stardom. He’s a top tight end, drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013. He made the 2010s All-Decade Team and helped win the 2019 Super Bowl against the San Francisco 49ers.
Kelce holds the NFL record for consecutive 1,000-yard seasons as a tight end, showcasing his skill. Beyond sports, he had his dating show, adding to his fame. From a humble start, Kelce’s journey is one of hard work, success, and recognition.
Travis Kelce Biography
|Travis Michael Kelce
|October 5, 1989
|6′ 5″ (1.96 m)
|250 lbs (113 kg)
|Kansas City Chiefs
|University of Cincinnati
Travis Kelce Early Life
Travis Kelce was born in Westlake, Ohio, on October 5, 1989. His parents, Ed and Donna, welcomed him into a family that already included his younger brother Jason, an NFL player. Travis attended Cleveland Heights High School in his hometown, where he showed his football, basketball, and baseball skills.
Football was his true passion, and he shone as a quarterback for the school team, the Tigers. His dedication earned him recognition and awards like being named to the All-Lake Erie League for his impressive performance.
In his senior year, Travis made a mark by contributing 2,539 yards in offence, achieving both running and passing accomplishments. His talents in sports would pave the way for an exciting journey ahead.
Travis Kelce College Life
Travis Kelce went to the University of Cincinnati for college. Even though he wasn’t seen as the best player when he started, he chose Cincinnati over other schools. His brother Jason also played there.
In the beginning, Travis learned and played in different positions. He played as both a tight end and a quarterback in a special style of play called the Wildcat. He did well, even though he faced a problem and had to take a break for a year because of his mistake. Travis didn’t give up. He came back and played again in 2011.
This time, he focused on being a tight end. He caught the football many times and scored touchdowns. His last year in college was amazing. He caught the ball, gained many yards, and made many touchdowns. Because he was so good, he got a special award for being the best tight end in college football.
Travis Kelce NFL Draft
Travis Kelce was chosen by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2013 NFL Draft, being the 63rd pick in the third round. Even though he wasn’t famous initially, the Chiefs saw he could be a great tight end. He showed his talent in college, and even though that year’s draft wasn’t full of top players, Kelce became a standout star.
Travis Kelce Professional/NFL Career
- 2013 Season: Travis Kelce started his NFL journey with the Kansas City Chiefs. Unfortunately, he got hurt and couldn’t play much in his first year.
- 2014 Season: Kelce showed his skills by scoring his first NFL touchdown. He had a great game against the Arizona Cardinals, catching the ball for over 100 yards. He even grabbed a fumble to score a touchdown, proving he’s versatile.
- 2015 Season: Kelce became a rising star by playing in all 16 games. He scored multiple touchdowns in a game against the Houston Texans. He was so good that he got picked for his first Pro Bowl, and he played well in the playoffs too.
- 2016 Season: Kelce signed a big contract and proved he deserved it. He had many games where he caught the ball for over 100 yards. His amazing skills got him into the All-Pro team and the Pro Bowl again.
- 2017 Season: Kelce was still a big asset for the Chiefs, scoring many touchdowns. He was one of the best tight ends in the league and got picked for the Pro Bowl once more.
- 2018 Season: With a new quarterback, Patrick Mahomes, Kelce broke records for how many yards he caught. He was one of the best players that year and got recognized with awards like the Pro Bowl and All-Pro.
- 2019 Season: Kelce kept being excellent, setting a record for 1,000 receiving yards for four years. He helped the Chiefs win the Super Bowl with his great skills.
- 2020 Season: Kelce got even better, breaking more records for catches and yards. He was chosen for the Pro Bowl and All-Pro again.
- 2021 Season: Kelce was consistently great, getting over 1,000 yards for six years straight. He even won an award for a really good game. Despite a short time away because of COVID-19, he was still amazing and went to the Pro Bowl.
- 2022 Season: Kelce had another fantastic year, scoring lots of touchdowns and getting over 10,000 career receiving yards. He had a record-breaking playoff game and won his second Super Bowl. He’s now known as one of the best tight ends ever in the NFL.
Also Read: NFL games live stream, schedule etc
Travis Kelce Career Stats
Travis Kelce Career Awards/Records
|9x Pro Bowler (2015-2022)
|NFL’s all-time leader in receptions by a tight end (1,033)
|5x First-team All-Pro (2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022)
|NFL’s all-time leader in yards by a tight end (14,161)
|2x Second-team All-Pro (2017, 2021)
|2nd in NFL history in touchdowns by a tight end (87)
|NFL’s Receiving Triple Crown in 2020
|Most consecutive seasons with 1,000+ receiving yards by a tight end (7)
|NFL’s Tight End of the Year in 2020
|Most overall seasons with 1,000+ receiving yards by a tight end (7)
|Super Bowl LIV Champion (2020)
|Most receptions in a season by a tight end (107 in 2020)
|Super Bowl LVII Champion (2023)
|Most yards in a season by a tight end (1,416 in 2020)
|NFL 2010s All-Decade Team
|Most touchdowns in a season by a tight end (11 in 2020)
|Most receptions in a playoff game by a tight end (14 in 2021)
Travis Kelce Personal Life
Travis Kelce’s parents, Ed and Donna Kelce, have played a big role in his life. His dad, Ed, used to work in the steel industry, while his mom, Donna, worked at a bank. They have always supported Travis and his brother Jason in their lives. Travis and Jason grew up in Westlake, Ohio, and all the passion in these boys for sports comes from their parents. Travis is well-known for his exceptional skills as a tight end, and Jason is a popular centre for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Travis is not officially dating someone, but there have been talks about Travis possibly dating Zuri Hall, a famous TV personality, but there’s no official confirmation yet.
Travis Kelce Controversies
- In 2014, he received an $11,025 fine for “unsportsmanlike conduct” during a game against the Denver Broncos. He made an inappropriate hand gesture towards Broncos linebacker Von Miller, whom Chiefs coach Andy Reid called “immature.”
- In 2020, Kelce faced criticism for spiking the Lombardi Trophy after the Chiefs won Super Bowl LIV. Some thought it was disrespectful to the trophy. He later apologized, explaining he was caught up in the excitement.
- In 2022, Kelce was part of a controversy surrounding a Bud Light commercial. The ad featured Kelce and other athletes holding beer cans casually. However, Kelce wasn’t shown holding or drinking beer. Some accused him of being hypocritical due to his stance against alcohol abuse. Kelce clarified he wasn’t endorsing the product and didn’t drink alcohol.
Travis Kelce Charity Work
In 2015 he founded the Eighty-Seven & Running Foundation, a platform to empower underserved children and teenagers. The foundation has made an incredible impact, raising over $1 million to support its cause. Kelce also strongly advocates for important organizations like the Special Olympics and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, actively participating in fundraising events.
He supports organizations like the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Ronald McDonald House Charities, the American Red Cross, and the United Way. His outstanding charitable contributions were recognized in 2022 when he was honoured with the prestigious Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award.
Travis Kelce TV Appearances
|Catching Kelce (2016)
|Reality show about his early time with the Chiefs
|Saturday Night Live
|Hosted the show in February 2023
|The Misery Index (2021)
|Guest appearance on this game show
|Celebrity Show-Off (2020)
|Appeared as a guest on this game show
|Moonbase 8 (2020)
|Short appearance on this funny show
|Featured in a segment about his life and career
|Inside the NFL
|Frequent guest analyst on the NFL pregame show
He’s also been seen on other shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” and “Good Morning America.”
In short, Travis Kelce’s biography tells the tale of his rise from a rookie to an exceptional tight end in football. His television appearances and charitable efforts showcase his multifaceted personality.Travis Kelce’s life shows how hard work and dedication can make a big difference.