Christopher Deshun Jones is a professional American football player. He’s part of the Kansas City Chiefs team in the NFL. Before his NFL days, he played college football for quite a time. Then the chiefs picked him in Chiefs picked him in the NFL Draft.
Jones is a flexible player who can do different jobs as a defensive tackle. He’s great at rushing the quarterback and causing problems for the running game. He’s skilled on the field and a positive presence in the team’s locker room. He’s known for being a leader on the Chiefs’ defense.
Now, let’s explore his life and the amazing path he’s taken.
Chris Jones Quick Facts
|Full Name||Christopher Deshun Jones|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1994|
|Birthplace||Houston, Mississippi, U.S.|
|Parents||Mary Woodhouse & Chris Jones Sr.|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m)|
|Weight||310 pounds (141 kg)|
|High School||Houston (MS)|
|NFL Draft||37th overall pick (2016)|
|Team||Kansas City Chiefs|
Chris Jones Early Life
Chris Jones went to Houston High School in Mississippi in his early days. There, he played football for the Hilltoppers team. He was really good, and people enjoyed his play.
He was one of the best players around. He was even given five stars as a rating and was among the top players in his group. After high school, he decided to go to Mississippi State University to continue playing football.
Chris Jones College Career
During his time in college, Chris Jones played football at Mississippi State. He played in all 13 games in his first year, even starting in three. He was able to make 32 tackles and get three sacks. In his second year, he played in all 13 games again and got 26 tackles and three sacks.
He started in all 13 games in his third year and got 44 tackles and 2.5 sacks. After his junior year, he left college early and entered the NFL Draft in 2016.
Chris Jones College Career Stats
|Games Played (GP)||38|
|Tackles for Loss (TFL)||18.0|
|Passes Defensed (PD)||0|
|Forced Fumbles (FF)||0|
Chris Jones Draft
Chris Jones started his NFL journey with the Kansas City Chiefs from 2016 to 2019 under a 4-year contract worth $6,231,229, including a $2,731,801 signing bonus and $3,440,039 guaranteed. He was drafted in the second round as the 37th overall pick and became the fifth defensive tackle chosen in 2016.
Chris Jones NFL Career
- In 2016 Chris Jones joined the Kansas City Chiefs as a new player. He got picked in the second round of the draft. Even though he began as a backup, he showed his skills and earned a spot on the NFL All-Rookie Team.
- The next year, in 2017, Jones did even better. He had a game where he did three sacks, took the ball away twice, and caught an interception. Throughout the season, he made 6.5 sacks, a good score for a defensive player.
- In 2018, Jones did something amazing. He set a new record by getting a sack in 11 games. That’s like getting a high score again and again! He ended the year with 15.5 sacks and was called the second-best player.
- In 2019, Jones had a great time. He was chosen for the Pro Bowl, which is a big deal. He also helped his team win the Super Bowl! He did important things during the game that made his team win against the other team.
- The next year, in 2020, Jones got a big contract extension. He kept playing well and went to the Pro Bowl again. Even though his team reached the Super Bowl, they didn’t win this time.
- In 2021, Jones kept on doing well. He was picked for the Pro Bowl for the third time. He did many good things in one game, like tackling the other team’s players and taking the ball away.
- The year 2022 was super for Jones. He made a lot of tackles and sacks, helping his team become the best in their group. They even won the Super Bowl, and Jones played a big part in that victory.
Chris Jones NFL Career Stats
|Total Tackles (Cmb)||243||30||273|
|Passes Defensed (PD)||33||9||42|
|Average Yards per Int||8.5||N/A||8.5|
|Forced Fumbles (FF)||12||0||12|
|Fumble Recoveries (FR)||3||0||3|
|NFL Records||Most consecutive games with a sack: 11|
Chris Jones Career Acheivements
- 2× Super Bowl champion (LIV, LVII)
- First-team All-Pro (2022)
- 3× Second-team All-Pro (2018, 2020, 2021)
- 4× Pro Bowl selection (2019–2022)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2016)
Chris Jones Jersey
Chris Jones is currently a defensive tackle for the Kansas City team, and he proudly sports jersey number 95 during his games. This distinctive number symbolizes his field position and contributions to the team’s defense.
Chris Jones Personal Life
Chris Jones Parents
His parents, Chris Jones Sr. and Mary Woodhouse are special to him and give him much support. Chris is close to them, and they feel proud of his achievements.
Chris Jones Wife
Chris Jones is Married to a girl named Sheawna. They tied the knot on New Year’s Eve in 2014 and are still together for nine years. They are also parents to two delightful children, Chris Jones II ) and Carson Dakota Jones.
Chris Jones Controversies
- Chris Jones, a skilled player for the Kansas City Chiefs, has been involved in a few small problems during his time in the NFL.
- In 2019, he got a $10,000 fine for being unsportsmanlike when he made fun of a player from the Miami Dolphins after tackling their quarterback.
- In 2020, he had to pay $15,000 because he incorrectly hit the Denver Broncos’ quarterback too hard.
- During a game in 2022, he got in trouble again for landing on the quarterback of the Las Vegas Raiders too heavily, even though some people didn’t agree with the call.
- On social media in 2018, he shared a picture with a gun, and some folks thought it wasn’t right, but the NFL didn’t do anything about it.
Chris Jones Charity Work
Chris Jones is very involved in charitable groups. He started a group in 2021 called Sack Nation Foundation. This group helps kids in neighborhoods that need help. They give money to ensure kids have important needs like food, clothes, and a place to stay.
Chris is also part of Chiefs Give Back, a special group from the Kansas City Chiefs that helps people in need. He’s part of a special team in Chiefs Give Back that tries to get people to care about and give money to important causes.
Chris also helps a group called 100 Black Men of Greater Kansas City. This group helps young Black guys by giving them support and help. He helps give out food, finds places for people without homes, and gives money to schools and doctors. He cares about his community and wants to make it better.
To Conclude …..
In Chris Jones’ inspiring journey, we see a young talent become a successful NFL athlete. The NFL later chose him starting in Mississippi and then playing college football.
On the Kansas City Chiefs, he’s a key player, winning awards and being chosen for the Pro Bowl. Chris Jones’ story is about hard work, caring, and achieving big things in football and improving the world.